April 1, 2019

Greetings and blessings to you in the name of Jesus Christ!

Here is the Mar. 31 sermon message, "Coming Together"...

https://youtu.be/Jftj1ioAVcM

    April Fool's Day has always been a mystery to me.  I can remember being a kid and trying to pull pranks or tricks on my friends, and they on me.  As an adult I watch my kids over the years try and trick me.  As kids, these jokes seemed to be a lot funnier than they are now that I am older.  Either the prank is so silly and goofy it doesn't make sense or it boarders on being mean. 

    Historians seem to think the origins of April Fool's Day comes from France, when they decided to move from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar.  Some people did not get the news and celebrated the New Year during the last week of March.  Those people become the butt of jokes, and so was born a day to play tricks on those who celebrated on the wrong day.

    When Jesus died on the cross, I bet the Pharisees and religious leaders thought the disciples were fools.  Their Rabbi was dead.  The man that claimed he was the Son of God couldn't even save himself.  I can hear them saying, "How could you fools put your faith in him".  "He brought a man back to life, but couldn't save himself".  In fact, there are still people today who want to believe that Christians are fools for putting their faith in an unseen God.

    Jokes on them!  Jesus is alive!  He conquered the grave!  He is who he claimed to be and He did what no man could do!  JESUS IS ALIVE!. 

   This April Fool's Day, and everyday, be a fool for Christ and share the Good News, because joy in your heart is better than a laugh at someone's expense.  The joy that comes from knowing Jesus is infections and the relationship is transforming. 

Praise God, share the Joy and always be a fool for Christ!
Pastor Jeremy
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts