November 3, 2019


Here is the message from Sunday, Nov. 3rd...

https://youtu.be/U7TYuMQTguo

    Life can get pretty busy.  There seems to be no end to the demands on our time.  The problem is that many of the demands can be very good things, but they are still demands.  I have found myself over the last month in this very predicament. 
   What I have discovered is that my time with God can not be compromised.  I have dedicated myself to prayer time in the mornings.  This set time has been crucial for me to find the energy and focus to God's will for the day.  It is often different from the plan that I have.  Yet I seem to get just as much accomplished and have a greater sense of peace in the process.
    As we turn toward Advent, the demands on your time are only going to increase.  There will pressure from family and kids to get things done.  Our jobs will demand year end reporting and planning.  The worst offender for demand on our time is probably ourselves.  Often we are responsible for putting unrealistic expectation on ourselves.
    Let me encourage you to remember to "make the most important thing, the most important thing!"  Spending time with God in prayer, meditation and the study of Scripture will breathe into you the life-giving presence of the  Holy Spirit.  It is God's will that we should set our priorities and it is in God's strength that we can persevere and accomplish His plans.  To know His will requires that time be given to Him.

   Take a breath.  Seek God's comfort and peace.  Take refuge and rest in His care.  You will be amazed at what gets accomplished.

Pastor Jeremy

Comments

Popular Posts