February 19, 2019

Greetings to you in the name of Jesus Christ!  May this blog post today bring light and joy into your heart.

Here is our sermon from Feb. 17, 2019...

https://youtu.be/EYzytmbnamo

    There are many evenings, before I go to bed, when I will sit and reflect on the past days activities.  There are many times where I begin to get down on myself for 'not doing enough' or 'not getting to enough chores'.  This can be a real downer and it doesn't exactly make me feel excited the next morning either.  Often I can find myself sitting, paralyzed lamenting the past day, causing me to miss getting started on the current one. 
    Despair and self-doubt can be paralyzing, especially when we consider our sins as we go before God in prayer.  These feelings can zap the joy out of any activity or event that you might otherwise truly enjoy.  Those feelings can also cause you to miss the blessings and opportunities that God has planned for you in the moment or near future.
    Let those past mistakes and sins go into the loving embrace of Christ.  He can take those problems and fill you with hope that can only be given by Him, so that you may seize the day He has planned for you.  Christians are always future oriented, fixing our gaze and our hearts on our Heavenly Father, so we can help bring His kingdom here on earth, one joyous moment at a time.

Fix your eyes forward this week to Jesus,

Pastor Jeremy

Comments

Popular Posts